College Cookbook - Hershey’s chocolate kiss peanut butter cookies
Tame your sweet-tooth with Hershey’s peanut butter cookies
Published: Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Updated: Wednesday, November 17, 2010 11:11
Reese's creamy penut butter
Lightly packed brown sugar
If you are looking for an easy way to tame your abnormally high holiday sweet tooth, cookies always seem to be right the right coice.
Hershey's chocolate kiss peanut butter cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate kiss cookies seem to be a mainstay for so many families around the holiday season. They are a perfect combination of sweet and salty, pleasing pallets after virtually any meal. They take virtually no effort or baking skill and are sure to be a big hit at dessert tables everywhere.
48 Hershey's Kisses
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup Reese's creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees and remove all wrappers from chocolate pieces
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter together in a large bowl until well blended.
3. Add 1/3 cup of granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
4. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
5. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
6. Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
7. Roll in granulated sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
9. Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack slightly around the edges.
10. Remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack until completely cooled.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies