Creatine: the legal steroid
Weighing in on the pros and cons of protein
Contrary to popular belief, creatine is an extremely dangerous chemical. When taken as part of a workout routine and diet, creatine is thought to increase muscle mass.
This chemical works by increasing the amount of androgen in the body. Androgen is among the hormones that can force the entry of chemical into muscle cells. While there's a clear relationship between muscle strength gains and increases in muscle creatine stores, there is no such correlation when it comes to increases in muscle mass.
Testosterone is another hormone that promotes the effects of creatine. It increases the muscle's sensitivity to the anabolic properties of creatine in addition to enhancing the protein build-up in muscle fibers.
But, without a proper diet of protein and carbohydrates, the muscle will not grow because of a creatine supplement. This supplement increase the amount of water and protein that enters your muscles, causing more energy and endurance for longer and harder workouts in the gym.
The supplement should not be taken without further knowledge. Side effects of the amino acid include kidney damage, heart problems, muscle cramps and pulls, dehydration, and diarrhea.
Just remember that while that little bottle of white powder on the shelf at GNC might help with a longer and harder workout, it will not cake on the muscle mass like the common belief suggests.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent Racquet News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR RACQUET NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST RACQUET NEWS
RECENT RACQUET CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?